|Frank John Hayes||June||1962||October||1974|
|Frank Patrick Ide (Coxswain/Mechanic)||July||1974||September||1989|
|Robert George Ide||August||1989||March||1990|
|Steven Trevor Vince (Coxswain/Mechanic)||April||1990||April||1998|
The position of full-time mechanic ended at Poole Lifeboat Station when the all-weather Tyne class lifeboat was withdrawn from service in November 2016 and the lifeboat station became an inshore lifeboat station.
Mechanic Frank Hayes (brother of Second Coxswain Bill Hayes)
- Joined crew at 16.
- 51 (in 1974).
- Mechanic – full-time.
- Lived in Lagland Street.
- Served in Merchant Navy.
- Brought up with the sea and fishing.
Second Mechanic Bill Wills
- Worked at South Coast Yacht Services.
- Lived in Stanley Road.
- Crew member for 23 years (in 1974).
- Father was Second Coxswain.
- Four uncles also served on Poole lifeboat.