Housing one of Poole’s historic lifeboats, Thomas Kirk Wright, the old boathouse and souvenir shop at Fisherman’s Dock at the end of Poole Quay offers the public a close-up view of the lifeboat and the history that surrounds it.
The old lifeboat station was established at Fisherman’s Dock in 1882. Previously the lifeboat station was situated at Sandbanks from 1865 to 1882. It moved to its current position on Poole Quay, adjacent to Poole Bridge, in 1989. The Old Boathouse became a museum in 1974.
Opening times and admission
The museum and shop is open daily between April and early December (subject to availability of volunteer staff) 10am–4pm.
Entry to the museum and shop is free.
How to find us
Poole Old Lifeboat Museum and Shop are located at the eastern end of Poole Quay alongside Fisherman’s Dock.
Poole Old Lifeboat Museum and Shop
Telephone: 01202 666046