The RNLI values every volunteer and aims to work in partnership with each person.
The RNLI will:
- welcome you as a volunteer and provide appropriate opportunities to those who can help us achieve the RNLI’s purposes
- provide you with appropriate training and the right equipment for the task
- give guidance and support your development in your volunteer role
- treat you and all volunteers equally and fairly
- ensure you have a safe working environment so far as is reasonably practicable
- listen to your concerns if things aren’t going right
- recognise that you are a volunteer and have other commitments.
In return we ask you to:
- commit to necessary training and give us your time
- comply with agreed standards
- be professional and loyal to the RNLI
- be fair to those around you
- talk to your RNLI colleagues (volunteers or staff) first if you have a problem.